• Barbera d'Alba DOC Pelisa

Barbera d'Alba DOC Pelisa

INFO

  • - Brand: Monchiero Carbone
  • - Product Code: Barbera d'Alba DOC
  • - Reward Points: 9
  • - Availability: 100
13,50€ 9,50€
Ex Tax: 7,79€
Qty

Colour: deep ruby red with bright highlights.
Nose: forthrightly and fruitily intense, initial sensations of sour black cherry and cherry giving way to pleasantly earthy notes of damp soil.
Bouquet: despite a lack of structure and persistence, its characteristic fruity freshness makes Pelisa eminently quaffable.
Serving combinations: its fresh, fruity vein makes this wine an ideal accompaniment to grilled meats, especially pork chops and sausage.

Barbera is the most widely-grown variety in Piedmont. The qualities distinguishing the Barbera grown in the Barbera d’Alba appellation, which encompasses both the right (Langhe) and left (Roero) sides of the River Tanaro are its finesse, body and elegance.
This particular wine is made from the estate’s younger vineyards, which ripen early in October. The vinification lasts for around 15 days, and is followed by a short period of maturation: 70% in stainless steel, and the remaining 30% in oak for one year. The result is a ruby-red wine with a fragrant, vinous nose, and a smooth, full-bodied palate that offers a magnificent sensation of freshness. A product that could be defined as an easy-drinking, mealtime wine, perfect for serving every day.

The Monchiero Carbone winery is located in Canale, in the heart of the Roero hills where its foundations were laid in 1987 when the large farmhouse in via S.Stefano Roero was purchased. The well-established winemaker Marco Monchiero was returning to his home town after many years working away in various Italian wineries, and the decision to buy was certainly influenced by the allure of an extensive wine cellar which had been built beneath the house by a rather well-off local family towards the end of the 1700s.

Marco and his wife Lucetta Carbone brought together two families whose wine-making traditions, dating back to the early 1900s, had been interrupted for several decades before this venture was taken on.

Production finally began again in 1990, aided by their son Francesco who had recently started studying winemaking and who showed an unmistakeable desire to take on the family vineyards.

A classic Italian red wines for sale online from our e-commerce www.enotecalombardi.com and in our Enoteca Assisi -Umbria-

Technical Specifications
product Red wine
denomination Barbera d'Alba DOC
region Piedmont
vintage
grapes Barbera
winemaking The vinification lasts for around 15 days, and is followed by a short period of maturation: 70% in stainless steel, and the remaining 30% in oak for one year.
Food Type Perfect for serving every day.
volume cl 75

Reviews (0)

Write a review

Note: HTML is not translated!
    Bad           Good