Plenio Verdicchio Riserva DOC

Umani Ronchi
€17.50
Tax included

Stuffed pasta, roast white meat, roasted fish

Quantity
Available

Shopping Points
Shopping points If you are a registered user you will earn 0 points to spend in the next orders!
  • The vintages of the wines reported in detail and in the product sheet can be subject to variations. If you want a specific year you can tell it in the 'notes' field of the order.
    The vintages of the wines reported in detail and in the product sheet can be subject to variations. If you want a specific year you can tell it in the 'notes' field of the order.
  • The methods of payment accepted are: Credit Card, Prepaid Card, PayPal, Bank Transfer.
    The methods of payment accepted are: Credit Card, Prepaid Card, PayPal, Bank Transfer.
  • All orders received by Enoteca Lombardi will be sent as soon as possible and in any case within 10 working days.
    All orders received by Enoteca Lombardi will be sent as soon as possible and in any case within 10 working days.
  • You can request the return for any product within 14 days from the delivery date within the limits set by the regulations of Legislative Decree 206/05 ("Consumer Code").
    You can request the return for any product within 14 days from the delivery date within the limits set by the regulations of Legislative Decree 206/05 ("Consumer Code").

Plenio is our Verdicchio Riserva, a class recognised by the production rulebook, which prescribes a minimum ageing period of 18 months of which at least six must be in bottle. The name of the wine, from the Latin Plenum, is intended to suggest the characteristics of fullness, complexity and structure. It is a wine to be appreciated for its lingering persistence and for its richness of perfumes and aromas, which combine with the elegance of great whites to make it a unique wine. The first few years were produced from a plot in the Villa Bianchi vineyard, but now Plenio is the product of vines grown at higher altitude, in one of the areas historically regarded as more suitable for the production of Verdicchio, near the picturesque village of Cupramontana.

The vineyard was planted in the early 90s, and is situated at about 350 meters above sea level, with an east-facing aspect. The soil, which derives from formations from the pleiocene-pleistocene era, is characterised by being very deep clay loam, with fairly poor fertility and therefore extremely suitable for the production of quality wines. The yield is in the region of 6-7 tons per hectare.

Harvest
The harvest is carried out by hand, with the grapes collected and transported in boxes. Normally it takes place on the borderline between the first and second ten days in October, when the grapes have reached an optimum balance between acidity and sugar content.

Vinification
After a soft pressing, the prime must is rapidly cooled and then goes through static decantation. Fermentation takes place a part (60%) in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks, and the rest (40%) in 5000 litre oak casks. About 10-15% of the total volume of the wine undergoes a malolactic fermentation. The ageing stage lasts about 12 months, during which the wine remains in contact with its own fermentation yeasts. Plenio completes its ageing with a further 6 months in bottle.

A wine of exceptional substance combined with great refinement. The colour is deep straw yellow with golden tints; on the nose it reveals itself as fresh and penetrating with slight vanilla overtones of ripe fruit, bitter almonds and aromatic herbs, and a typical note of aniseed which is a hallmark of its vineyard of origin. In the mouth it matches the nose very well, with a fresh attack and pleasant softness, balanced however by the alcohol, velvety, rich, with a very long and persistent finish recalling apples, sloes and almonds.

Pairings: Stuffed pasta, roast white meat, roasted fish.

Umani Ronchi

Data sheet

product
Dry white wine
denomination
Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore Riserva DOCG
region
Marches
grapes
Verdicchio 100%
vintage
2014
winemaking
Fermentation takes place a part (60%) in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks, and the rest (40%) in 5000 litre oak casks
Ageing
The ageing stage lasts about 12 months, during which the wine remains in contact with its own fermentation yeasts
Food Type
Stuffed pasta, roast white meat, roasted fish.
volume cl
75

Specific References

New product

other products from the same Manufacturer

Reviews

Write your review

Plenio Verdicchio Riserva DOC

Stuffed pasta, roast white meat, roasted fish

Write your review